Garden City Tour
*Summer special: $55 per person available 1st Sept 2020 - 31st March 2021 (minimum four guests per tour).
See why Christchurch has found world-wide fame as the ‘Garden City’. Take a leisurely 2.5 hour guided cycle tour along the peaceful cycle paths of our beautiful Botanic Gardens or riverside cycle trails, and through the green expanse of Hagley Park to historic Mona Vale.
Your experienced local guide will show you the best of our iconic natural parks and gardens including a few hidden gems that even the locals don’t always know about. With flat elevation and purpose-built cycle paths, the route we follow is both accessible and enjoyable, and your urban hire bike will be custom-fitted especially to you before we depart to ensure your journey is as comfortable as it is insightful.
· Tour time: 9.30am or 12.30pm
· Days: Monday- Saturday, Sunday by appointment
· Included: Local Guide, urban bike and helmet hire
· Cost: $55/person
· Distance: Approx 12 - 15 kms covered in total
. Duration 2.5 hrs
· Minimum / maximum: 4 guests required for a trip to depart, maximum 8 guests per guide.*
· Itinerary highlights: Hagley Park, Mona Vale, Riccarton House, Ōtakaro Avon River Trail and Central CBD
· Departs from: Chill Urban Tours, Ground Floor, Awly Building. 287 Durham St North, Christchurch.
Phone: 03 365 6530
*If you have less than four people and are interested in this tour it’s also available on a private basis (minimum one person) please enquire with our friendly team or find further information here (link to private tour info).