Terms and Conditions
Shop Terms & Conditions
If you wish to exchange an item for any reason, please place a new order for the items that you want. Please note that it is your responsibility to pay for the return postage costs, no postage costs are refundable. We cannot assume responsibility for returned items that are lost in the post. Your statutory rights are not affected.
If you wish to return an item due to a change of heart, we will provide a refund in full less a 15% processing fee.
We cannot accept out-of-date or opened nutrition products
All sales are final on the purchase of ex-hire bikes.
Whilst we will make every effort to supply you with the products listed on your order, there may be occasions where we are unable to supply these products because, for example, (i) such products are no longer being manufactured or available or (ii) if there was a pricing error on the Chill – Explore With Us website. In such circumstances we will contact you to inform you and may suggest alternative products that you might wish to purchase. If you do not accept our suggestions then we will cancel your order in relation to those products we cannot supply and repay you any money that you may have paid to us in respect of those products. In the event of a typographical error or technological error causing a mistake in price to be shown, Chill – Explore With Us reserves the right to correct the error and to charge you the correct price. Before it does so, Chill – Explore With Us will notify you of the mistake and will offer you the opportunity of a full refund. You will receive a notification with or prior to your delivery. Repayment of such monies will be the extent of our liability to you if we are unable to deliver to you the products you have ordered.
A deposit to the value of 20% of the total purchase price is required to start a layby.
- Payments are to be made fortnightly or monthly.
- Laybys should not exceed 3 months.
- Failure to complete payments in the specified time makes the goods and the 20% deposit liable for forfeiture.
- A layby can be cancelled by the purchaser within the 3 month period however the 20% deposit is payable as a cancellation fee.
- Layby items cannot be exchanged or refunded after the layby has been finalised and collected if you change your mind.
- Layby not valid on Chill Passes or Chill Pass products
Bike Hire, Alpine Gear Hire, & Workshop Terms & Conditions
Bikes/alpine gear hired by Chill must be returned by the hirer in the same condition that it was hired. We allow for wear and tear, including wear on brakes, tires, and small running issues.
Bikes/alpine gear returned that require new equipment and/or significant repair are at the cost of the hirer. Bikes/alpine gear that are stolen are the responsibility and cost of the hirer. Bikes/alpine gear that are not able to be repaired are at the cost of the hirer.
A credit card is taken at the time of hire as security for return of the bike/alpine gear. Any costs associated with the repair, loss, or damage to the bike/alpine gear at the time of the hire will be charged on the credit card. A report on the bike/alpine gear condition and required repair will be presented to the hirer for consideration.
Cancellation Policy - Bike Hire:
Cancellation is based solely on the amount of notice you provide and is strictly upheld.
|More than 28 days prior to hire start date||85% refund|
|Between 14-28 days prior to hire start date||50% refund|
|48 hours - 14 days prior to hire start date||15% refund|
|Less than 48 hours prior to hire start date (or during)||No refunds or credits will be issued|
Cancellation Policy - Alpine Gear Hire:
We can give you a refund if you get in touch with us 48 hours before your hire, less a 15% admin fee.
A cancellation less than 48 hours prior to hire will not receive a refund or be able to transfer the booking to a new date.
Bike Tour Terms & ConditionsCancellation Policy:
- If you cancel 21 days or more prior to the tour date, you can apply for a full refund less 15% deposit (admin fee)
- There is no refund if you cancel less than 21 days prior to the tour date. No refunds will be provided in the event of injury, illness (including Covid-19), lack of fitness, or ability.
If the tour is cancelled by Chill due to circumstances outside our control, a refund less 15% will be given. This is at the discretion of the guide, and safety is the most the most important consideration.
In case of rain or inclement weather, the bike tour will be changed to a walking tour, umbrellas can be provided by Chill.
Chill Pass Terms & Conditions
For Chill Pass Terms & Conditions, please click here.
Guided Alpine Tours Terms & Conditions
Craigieburn Haute Route, Craigieburn Mini Mission, Four Day BAC Course, and Five Week Alpine Classic:
- Full refund less 15% deposit (admin fee) if you cancel more than 21 days prior to start.
- If you cancel 21 days or less prior to the trip start there is no refund. No refunds or reschedules will be provided in the event of injury, illness (including Covid-19), equipment failure, lack of fitness, or ability.
- If the trip is postponed due to weather conditions on day one, a refund less 15%.
- Processing fees are not eligable for refunds.
Snow Safety and Introduction to Touring Courses:
- If you cancel 21 days or less prior to the course start there is no refund. No refunds or reschedules will be provided in the event of injury, illness (including Covid-19), equipment failure, lack of fitness, or ability.
- If you cancel more than 21 days prior to start you can apply for a full refund less a 15% admin fee. Processing fees are non-refundable.
- If the course is postponed due to weather conditions on day one, a refund or another course will be offered.
- A course can be postponed by Chill if there is not enough interest/confirmed bookings.